- Membership cards MUST be scanned at the front desk for:
- Safety reasons.
- Building control, we do not want non-members sneaking into the building.
- Usage statistics for our records.
- Food is restricted to the vending/pool observation room. Bottled drinks are allowed in gym; members responsible for cleaning up spills.
- It is expected that all individuals comply with the Family Y Code of Conduct.
- All accidents should be reported and documented by Y Staff. The YMCA recommends that you carry your own health insurance.
- In the event of a fire alarm please evacuate the building immediately.
- The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. It is recommended you rent an annual locker or bring a padlock. Padlocks left unauthorized will be removed, however. Daily use lockers are available.
- Shirt and non-marking shoes are required in the facility.
- For your child’s safety, all children under age 6 must utilize child care unless your child is enrolled in a program, utilizing a Y service supervised by staff, or being directly supervised by the parent.
- In consideration of the health and comfort of your fellow members, the YMCA is a smoke free environment.
- No refunds will be given on memberships. To cancel you must stop by the office, bring in your “Y” card and sign off on our office file card.
- Adult locker rooms are for persons 18 years old and graduated from high school, college and adult members only.
RACQUETBALL COURT POLICIES
- For safety reasons, no children are allowed to play in the court viewing area.
- Youth under age 18 are required to wear eye protection and it is highly recommended for adults. (Available at Front Desk.)
- Courts may be reserved 48 hours in advance. Only one court may be reserved at a time.
- Please refrain from hitting the wall and glass with your racquet.
SWIMMING POOL RULES
- A soap shower, including the hair is required before entering the pool.
- Swim suits must be worn in the pool or on the deck. No cut-offs.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear rubber pants. Swim diapers available at the Front Desk.
- Shoes may not be worn in the pool area.
- No food, drink (other than water), gum, etc. allowed in the pool area. Water must be in a shatter resistant container (basically, no glass.)
- Band-aids must be removed before entering the pool.
- No spitting in the pool. No clearing of your nose in the pool.
- No running in the pool area.
- No dunking or excessive horseplay.
- No hanging on lane lines.
- Flips off the edge will not be permitted.
- Diving only allowed during instructional swim or swim team times. The starting blocks are used only for instructional swimming or swim team.
- Kickboards and other designated equipment will be for open use. Other equipment may be used at the guard’s discretion.
- Aqua joggers and float weights are for instructional swimming only, unless previously approved by Aquatics Director. Individuals requiring the use of floatation devices may use the belts or PFD’s and should be accompanied by a responsible person at all times.
- Children under age 8 must have a responsible person in pool with them.
WEIGHT ROOM POLICIES
- The Spirit, Mind & Body Center is open only to people who include it in their membership.
- Spirit, Mind & Body members must be 15 years or older or in 9th grade accompanied by an adult Spirit, Mind & Body member one-on-one.
- An orientation is highly recommended for the S.M.B., free-weight, and F.I.T. rooms.
- Free Weight Room, must be 15 years old or older or in 9th grade accompanied by an adult member one-on-one.
- No full-court games during open gym times.
- Non-marking shoes only.
- 18 and older during “Adult Times.”