ALBERT LEA FAMILY Y MISSION STATEMENT
The Albert Lea Family Y is part of a worldwide fellowship united for the purpose of building a Christian society and developing in people those qualities of Christian personality exemplified in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- To promote total human health, spirit, mind, and body.
- To focus on physical well being, youth development and interpersonal relations.
- To significantly influence the quality of life for all persons—all religions, races, ages, needs.
- To serve as a common meeting ground of the Albert Lea Community.
- To maintain an organization of employees and volunteers who are at all times respected, accessible, involved and committed.
UNITED WAY AGENCY & SCHOLARSHIPS
The Family Y is one of sixteen social service agencies supported by the United Way. In 2009 the Family Y gave over 530 scholarships so persons in need could send children to camp and participate in over a dozen youth programs.
The Family Y will not turn anyone away for inability to pay for a program. Sliding fees available.
YOUR FAMILY Y STAFF
|Marilee Brown||Front Desk Coordinator/Playroom Assistant|
|Emily Peterson||School Age Child Care Assistant|
YOUR FAMILY Y BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|Jeff Strom||1st Vice President|
|Dan Kolker||2nd Vice President|
|Kevin Miland||Past President|
Patrick Bell, Wade Chance, Steve Field, Bob Furland, Mark Habben, Paul Jensen, Brad Niebuhr, Justin Oman, Annette Peterson, Erin Sauer, Don Nolander/Heritage Foundation Liasian
Y'S SERVICE CLUB
An international service club associated with Albert Lea since the 1930's. This altruistic group of volunteers help support youth programs and scholarships for college. Projects include Y-Not Golf tournament and refreshment stand at the County Fair. The Y's Club always welcomes guests to their breakfast meetings at 7:00 a.m. on the first and third Thursdays of each month. Contact Dennis Dieser at the Y for further information. Men and women are welcome.EDUCATIONAL SPEAKERSYour Family Y staff is available to service clubs, church groups, corporate employee wellness and other groups. The following are some of the topics offered:
- Designing your personal fitness program
- Fitness Testing
- Total Wellness … Spirit, mind and body
- 100 years old … A history of the Y in Albert Lea