ALBERT LEA FAMILY Y MISSION STATEMENT
The Albert Lea Family Y is part of a worldwide fellowship united for the purpose of building a Christian society and developing in people those qualities of Christian personality exemplified in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- To promote total human health, spirit, mind, and body.
- To focus on physical well being, youth development and interpersonal relations.
- To significantly influence the quality of life for all persons—all religions, races, ages, needs.
- To serve as a common meeting ground of the Albert Lea Community.
- To maintain an organization of employees and volunteers who are at all times respected, accessible, involved and committed.
UNITED WAY AGENCY & SCHOLARSHIPS
The Family Y is one of sixteen social service agencies supported by the United Way. In 2009 the Family Y gave over 530 scholarships so persons in need could send children to camp and participate in over a dozen youth programs.
The Family Y will not turn anyone away for inability to pay for a program. Sliding fees available.
YOUR FAMILY Y STAFF
|Marilee Brown||Front Desk Coordinator/Playroom Assistant|
|Emily Peterson||School Age Child Care Assistant|
YOUR FAMILY Y BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|Jeff Strom||1st Vice President|
|Dan Kolker||2nd Vice President|
|Kevin Miland||Past President|
|Steve Field, Paul Jensen, Lynn Kermes, Linda Lares, Brad Niebuhr, Justin Oman, Annette Peterson, Erin Sauer, Jason Willner, Don Nolander/Heritage Foundation Liasian|
Y'S SERVICE CLUB
An international service club associated with Albert Lea since the 1930's. This altruistic group of volunteers help support youth programs and scholarships for college. Projects include Y-Not Golf tournament and refreshment stand at the County Fair. The Y's Club always welcomes guests to their breakfast meetings at 7:00 a.m. on the first and third Thursdays of each month. Contact Dennis Dieser at the Y for further information. Men and women are welcome.EDUCATIONAL SPEAKERSYour Family Y staff is available to service clubs, church groups, corporate employee wellness and other groups. The following are some of the topics offered:
- Designing your personal fitness program
- Fitness Testing
- Total Wellness … Spirit, mind and body
- 100 years old … A history of the Y in Albert Lea